These Cardamom Pistachio Rose Energy Bites are an amazing pick-me-up throughout the day. The flavor draws on that of the Middle East where pistachio baklava and rose Turkish delights are often found in pastry shops and markets. Their exotic, sweet and satisfying flavor comes from just a few simple ingredients: pistachios, cardamom, and rose water.
- 1/2 cup raw, shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- Generous pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process for 1 – 2 minutes, or until all ingredients are broken down and mixture sticks together.
- To form ball, press together small amounts in the palm of your hand, then, once it has become one solid form, roll it into a ball. Store in fridge for up to a week, or at room temperature for 3 – 4 days.
- Makes 10 – 15 single serving balls, depending on how large you roll them.