Are your meals missing flavour and texture? Consider cooking with nuts, like pistachios, walnuts and almonds. Transform ordinary couscous salad with a dash of crunchy Australian Almonds.
Serves 6 – 8
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 1/2 cup finely diced zucchini
- 6 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- crushed red pepper
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over the couscous; and let stand for 5 minutes. Boil the peas in 1/2 cup water for 1 minute.
- Drain the peas, reserving 1/4 cup of the water.
- In a skilet, sautée zucchini in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and let cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, mix the reserved pea cooking water with the lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Fluff the couscous and pour this dressing on top.
- Stir in the zucchini, peas, almonds, scallions, parsley, and mint.
- Season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper.